Slow week at the gym last week, but back at it now

I was suffering from a combination of things last week that kept me out of the gym for a few days.  I was a bit burned out personally, fighting through a cold, working on some things with the family, I went to the Minnesota Vikings game (terrible loss), and then on Saturday I helped move wheel barrows filled with cement to pour a friend's new basement floor.  So I took Thursday-Saturday off at the gym (2 workouts, & went easy on Wednesday night).

The good news is I didn't gain any weight.  That's actually amazing news when you consider I tried to eat my body weight in delicious meats at Fogo de Chao in Minneapolis for lunch on Friday.  It was a delayed birthday gift from my wife.

So Sunday night I did some light cardio on the recumbent bike at the gym, and then hit it full force last night with my chest/arms/shoulders/upper back workout.

I took some Star Six N.O. Fury (pills) about 40 minutes before my workout.  First time trying this product.  I took 3 of the pills to see how it might affect me.  While it may be a placebo effect, I do think it helped in my workout.  I felt like I had a lot of energy throughout the workout, especially toward the end where I start to flame out.  I added some narrow grip bench presses at the end of my workout because I felt so good, and I was able to hammer them out better than I've ever done them before.  I did 12x135, 12x155, 12x175 and only on the last two reps was I feeling gassed.  So I'm impressed to say the least at this point.  I'll try them again tonight for my leg workout and see what I think from there.

I had the gym all to myself last night, so I didn't get to go quite as heavy as I had hoped to on my decline bench.  I did 10x135, 8x225, 8x275, 6x295.  I was hoping to push for 8x295, but I was breaking down a bit on #6 and didn't want to risk injury or getting stuck under the bar with nobody to help lift it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment