Life distractions

Life has a terrible way of thwarting my lifting plans.  Early Wednesday morning my mother had what was initially believed to be a heart attack.  Thankfully my father was home & they got her to the hospital quickly.  Turns out it was a bigger issue than the Sioux Falls hospital she was at was prepared to handle, so they flew her to St. Mary - Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.  After 8.5 hours of surgery her ascending aortic artery was replaced.  She has an artificial aortic heart valve already, so it was far more complex (as is the recovery) than it would be for most people.  The aorta had begun to split internally and was bulging causing it to be about 2.5 times the normal size.

That meant late Wednesday night I drove to Rochester to beat a blizzard to keep my dad company who had driven from Sioux Falls to Rochester like a madman to also beat that same blizzard.  We "slept" in the family waiting room Wednesday night and I returned home late Thursday.  We had family stop & visit us Friday night & were there late so I didn't get to the gym then either.  So against my norm, I went into the gym this afternoon.  I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've been in the gym on a Saturday since I started back at this.

Now off to finish up my sermons for the next two days and get some practices in.

No comments:

Post a Comment