I've been in the gym 50% of the days of 2012

But then again...it is only January 2nd.  Had a good workout tonight.  I hadn't been to the gym in 10 days I think (9 or 10) and while my heart rate was a bit higher than 10 days ago while riding the recumbent bike, I was able to do the full workout with no problems.  Followed that up with bench/arms/shoulder work.  Bench was rock solid, like I hadn't left.  My arms were a bit weaker it seemed, but nothing that I'll worry about at this point. 

Need to focus on my diet and keep at it at the gym.  In the 10 days I took off, I ate like a pig and did little physically.  It was a great refresher for me, especially having taken this past Sunday off so I didn't have to preach and got to actually go to church and listen to someone else for the first time in quite a while.  The downside to all of that is I gained just over 2 lbs.  I honestly expected it to be more.  And considering that is a very small percentage of my overall weight, I'm not sweating it, but wish it hadn't have happened nonetheless.

If one meal could've done it, I know which one.  I spent some time in my hometown with family, and while there I hit one of my favorite burger places.  Double cheese with cheese curds and fries to boot.  I'm not a fry eater, so I farmed most of them to the family, and I didn't finish the burger, but I did eat about 1/2 lb of delicious fried cheese.  Some calories are just worth it.

May 2012 bring you closer to God and to your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment