Easy 300lb bench press

I put up 300lbs on bench press tonight with no problem.  I tried 320lbs minutes later and failed, but barely.  I was close enough on 320lbs that I think if I had done that first I would've gotten it.  Next time I'm putting on three plates on each side (315) and I'm confident I'll have it.  I won't max out like that again for a while though.  Great to see continued progress, it is encouraging.  Great to be benching near my body weight once again.  There was a time I benched 125lbs (ish) over my body weight.  I've seen smaller guys go to almost 2.5x's their body weight (in person) which is mind blowing.  I don't think I'll get there, even if I lose a LOT of weight.

I've done cardio 6 of the last 7 days.  3 days of 45 minutes, 2 days of 80+ minutes and tonight with 35 minutes.

Along with that, for personal growth I'm reading Tim Keller's "The Meaning of Marriage".  Truly the BEST book on marriage I have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment