Working out when getting sick?

I feel be beginning of a cold coming on.  Woke up with a sore throat.  Sinuses are draining.  I sneezed earlier and that only happens when a cold is coming or I sniff my fresh ground pepper.  Feeling a bit tired too.

So do you workout or not?  I do, and make sure to wipe everything down extra well so as to not spread it.  I do take it easier - shorten length and intensity of workout, but I keep at it.

I've been at the gym 14 of the last 17 days.  It feels good to go, though I still never really "enjoy" it.  But getting stronger is certainly encouraging! 

Got invited to climb Pike's Peak in late spring but had to turn it down.  Still too much of a liability for something that adventurous.  Yes, I'm qualified to make that call.  I was a professional backpacking guide for 3 summers in college.  I've climbed Long's Peak and a handful of other significantly lengthy climbs like Pike's Peak, and even if I lost 50lbs between now and then I still have a right knee that is sketchy, and I'd still feel that I weigh more than I'd want to, especially coming from our much lower elevation.  Maybe the next summer.  We'll see. I do miss the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment