Keeping at it

Didn't go to the gym the last two days.  I acquired a cold (like at the gym ironically) Tuesday evening, and by Wednesday night I was feeling pretty crummy and coughing like crazy.  Wednesdays are one of the days I figure I'll take off more often than not, having had a very long day of ministry.  Gotta have some family time!

So in spite of my persistent cough, I went to the gym tonight to get some cardio in.  20 minutes on the treadmill and 25 minutes on the recumbent while watching a really good Utah St. vs. BYU football game.  Stepped on the scale and am down 9+ lbs. since I started.  That's pretty impressive considering my two days off and then China Buffet for lunch today.  Fried "Asian" food with sugary sauces aren't the best for the diet.  But I did try to limit my portions (a bit) and drank diet soda as well.

So I'll push on through the cold (yes, I'll wipe the machinery down after use).  Mucinex is my friend.  Hoping to go for a hike tomorrow (weather permitting) with my family, and then do some lifting and light cardio at the gym before working on my final edits for my sermon tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment