I keep getting stronger

Good workout last night.  Left the gym with more waddle than walk.  Did Leg Press, Dead Lifts, Back Extensions,  and Ab Machine (kinda like a weighted sit-up).

Started with Leg Presses.  Warmed up with 10x370lbs.  Then did 8x460lbs, 8x550lbs, 8x600lbs.  Definitely was nearing my limit with the last few at 600lbs.  That last set was 50lbs above where I'd previously gone.  My hope is to build a good base and transition over to squatting, or at least a mix between the two.  No additional leg extensions for this workout, with my legs telling me they'd had enough already.

Then went with Dead Lift.  8x225lbs, 8x245lbs, 4x265lbs, 6x265lbs.  The last 6 felt good, but the 4 before that were feeling very heavy.  By the end of dead lifting my legs were jello. I hadn't done much above 245 for a few reps, so this was a big jump.  Pulling last 2 of the final 265 I could feel I was tiring out, though the went up just fine.

I then finished things off with some with some additional lower back and ab work to just make sure all of me was fatigued.  Left the gym and had to get some things at Walmart and my legs were incredibly heavy while waddling around there.  Even this morning my legs were heavy.  A good heavy feeling, and thankfully not painful or cramping.

I probably should've added in some calves work, but I was tired and had more to do with the shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment