BMG - Big Muscle Groups

Benched again last night & put up 235lbs with no problem.  Pretty sure 250lbs could've been done, which is remarkably encouraging for me.  Still working on building overall strength so I can do heavier reps and better overall sets, but single rep max is fun for the ego at least.

Was planning on adding in some other big muscle group lifts, but honestly was too spent to do it.  I was pretty dehydrated yesterday and by late in the evening it had sapped me of all energy.  I still put in 32 minutes on the recumbent bike.

Big muscle group lifting is really the way to go for overall strength.  I'd like to some day do deadlift and squats again, but I'm going to start out on machines first to build some baseline strength before getting to that.  Maybe eventually I'll add the dreaded power-cleans as well.  I say dreaded because when you do them, they kick your butt. 

Big muscle group lifting also is more effective for burning calories.  Lifting my arm up and down can get tiring, but it won't burn nearly as many calories as using my quads & hamstrings to move up and down.

No comments:

Post a Comment