TV's in the gym are great for this big man

I've watched too much TV in my adult life.  I could blame it on all kinds of things in my childhood (like not having a TV for part of it), but I won't.  It is my laziness, pure and simple.

But having TV's at the gym are a blessing.  When I get to the gym, if there is a good game on I can just go and go and go on the various cardio machines.  Helps burn quite a few extra calories a week because I want to see the end of a show or game that I started watching.  And it helps take my mind off the exercise, which for the most part is good.

For the most part.  I suspect I have ups and downs in speed often corresponding to what I am watching.  I first noticed this years ago when I was watching a UFC fight while working out on a recumbent bike.  All of a sudden I realized I was doing about 200mph and my heart rate was about that same number as well!  It does really help to have the distraction of the TV though when I start to up the resistance on the machine I am using.  I notice it at first, but once I get back into what I am watching I am able to soldier on while my legs keep pumping.

Had a good workout tonight watching LSU defeat Alabama in football.  Alabama really shot themselves in the foot, and might be shooting their kicker in the foot!  They're likely out of the national championship running unless a lot more strange things happen.  It could happen, but I don't expect it will.

Preaching on Revelation 4 tomorrow, and hoping that gets my heart pumping in the morning.  Then I'll be back to the gym tomorrow night & will be lifting then.

No comments:

Post a Comment