Weight down, bench up

I'm at over 15lbs down in weight since I've started this adventure, which is awesome, though just the tip of the iceberg.  Always nice to see a smaller number on the scale, even if it is just in tenths of a pound.

Decided to push it a bit on bench press tonight.  Put 225lbs on and did it 6 times and really felt good.  So I put on 250lbs and it went up twice with no problems.  Put 265lbs on (and got a spotter for this one) and that went right up with no help as well.  Considering just 8 weeks ago or so I could barely do 185lbs, that is a lot of improvement.  I can't emphasize enough, I love being strong.  Just something about how I feel when I'm stronger - it lets me be comfortable doing so many other physical things.  I certainly wouldn't say I'm strong yet, I'm not there, but I'm really making progress.

Hit the legs some tonight too in the hip sled.  Definitely was still sore this morning from my last leg workout, though not painful, just dull soreness left in the muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment