CrossFit - feeling my workout today

Had a very good workout last night.  Normally Sunday nights are light gym nights with me riding the recumbent bike watching TV.  But I took a day off from the gym this past week, and that day was a CrossFit day.  So I did that instead of my normal recovery workout.

I decided to push things a bit - I was feeling really quite good.

I continued on with my variant on the "Linda" workout (AKA 3 bars of death).

135lbs. on the bar for push press & hang cleans.
225lbs on the bar for dead lift.

Total workout time was on par with my previous workout - which in reality is a big improvement because I did 8/7/6/5 as my workout last night.  Considering I had been doing 8/6/4 for a while (with some variance) that was a sizable move up in reps.  26 of each movement last night compared to 18.  I'm definitely feeling it in some stiffness in my back and hamstrings today.  Not pain - I didn't injure myself - but a clear reminder of the fact that my workout is moving to a new level.

We will see if/how that impacts my bench workout tonight.  I haven not previous done a CrossFit workout followed up by lifting.  It has always been lifting day followed by CrossFit.

And tonight's workout isn't going to be helped by the fact that we stayed up WAY too late last night dreaming about tropical vacation destination and Google Mapping driving distances between all sorts of places in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment