48 hours sore

As I expected, I am more sore today than yesterday from my lifting on Sunday.  My chest (pectoral muscles) are tender.

Made it to the gym again last night and put in 42 minutes of cardio on the treadmill and the recumbent cycle.  Tonight I'll do some elliptical and probably skip the treadmill.  While I'm not feeling pain, I have had a bit of tightness in my left arch the next morning after doing treadmill.  Certainly don't want an injury to slow me down, so I'll be smart about it.

Last night my heart rate hit 166bpm briefly - a number I suspect I haven't seen in quite a while!  I wanted to try a bit of running on the treadmill, and after a few minutes it was clear I'm not ready for it at that level yet.  I try to keep it above 130 while on the treadmill, and 120 while on the recumbent.  I haven't paid a lot of attention while on the elliptical, so as I get more time in on that I'll see how my heart rate does and how that corresponds to my ability to exercise on that machine.  I'll throw some form work on lifting in at the end of my workout tonight.  Good practice, and good way to get rid of some of that soreness I have in my muscles currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment