Wedding weekend - the damage done

It was great to get away for a weekend, and I ate like a pig for most of it.  I tried to make healthy food choices, but the double cheeseburger & cheese curds for lunch yesterday beg to differ.  But they were sooo worth the calories.

I'm up 4ish lbs since last Wednesday.  I did workout hard last night with both cardio and lifting.  While I know it isn't much, I threw a plate on each side of the bar and did 3x10 on bench press last night fairly easily.  Having not benched much weight yet, I had no idea how that would go.  It's funny, because I remember in High School how that was a big deal when we first started lifting - 135lbs.  To think that I used to bench roughly 3x's that amount is staggering.  I'll be more than happy to double that quite honestly, and if I can get back over 300lbs - and have my weight be less than I bench once again, I'd be ecstatic.

I could definitely feel the difference in my cardio work out since I haven't been to the gym in the better part of a week.  Even though we were at altitude for the wedding, it didn't compensate for not putting my time in.  So I'll get after it the next few days, hoping that by Monday I can be back where I was when I left.

Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment