This cold is kicking my butt

I've slept horribly for 3 nights.  Last night didn't fall asleep until after 3:00AM & had to be up by 7:20AM to get to church.  The night before I was up until 4:30AM with a combination of the cold and our son waking up, but at least then I got to sleep in until 10:30AM.  the night before that was short as well.  So I'm run down from the cold and run down from lack of sleep.  I expect tomorrow tomorrow to hit me like a sledge hammer with a Monday morning preaching hangover.

The good news is I'm down 12lbs in 15 days without having done anything extreme.  I know that won't continue, but I'm happy with it nonetheless.  I noticed a difference climbing stairs to our church balcony this morning.  Even though I was tired, I could still feel that climbing was easier.

I did go to the gym Friday night, but felt so crummy yesterday that I didn't go.  I will for sure go again this evening, and probably Monday & Tuesday too.  Wednesday this week will be youth ministry, and then Thursday we will be going to where I'll be officiating a great man & woman's wedding next weekend.  So this next weekend will be a challenge to my diet with travel, travel food, eating out, wedding food and good times with friends and family.  Plus I likely won't be able to go to the gym for 6 straight day.  Thankfully I'll get a few opportunities for some walking/hiking with my wife at altitude to balance that out a bit.

I think I can manage it, but would take your prayers nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment