Benched 225lbs!



When I was last lifting regularly in 2007, I was benching just below 300lbs. IIRC. In 2002 I was benching just a hair under 400lbs. and I'm pretty sure I could've put that up in my next workout, but got injured before that could happen.

So last night I decided to give 225lbs. a go. Putting two wheels (45lb plates) on each side is a mental thing for me. Basically, every time I can add another large plate (and I'm not talking buffet) I really feel like I've done something significant. So 135, 225, 315 are all milestones for me. Heck, 405 really would be something!

So I'll keep at it. We'll see just how long it takes to get that third plate on the bar. The first one wasn't an issue. The second one took a month or so. I'd be happy to get the third one by next spring realistically.  And if I continue on the pace I have set, I'll be benching more than my body weight (hopefully by quite a bit!) when I add that third plate onto the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment